Friday 10 December 2010

Be quiet. Now.

So I got told to be quiet for the second time in a Paris resto. Admittedly, on both occasions I was with an American. The first time, there was also an Australian with us at dinner, a nation who I have since learnt can give the yanks a run for their money on the decibel scale. Of course, us Brits aren't known for being loud (obnoxious, maybe), but as the husband verifies, my voice travels across the Seine. So I still claim both reprimands weren't down to me but I have to put my hands up partially as the only party present on both occasions. It's so shocking when someone tells you off at 39, you are literally dumbstruck so it works in that respect. But...on balance I have had a great day so far and nothing can change that, not even the fact that my gym scales seemed to say I have put on a kilo.

No comments:

Post a Comment