Monday 6 February 2012

Lost in translation...

Couldn't resist Le Kooples black/sheepskin jacket - half price in the sale. Been below freezing here with snow yesterday and I start shooting my French wine documentary pilot tomorrow so need to be cosy. Being pulled in two directions with the plan to return to the UK in the Summer, yet the feeling that our Paris relationship isn't yet over. We went to our first all-French dinner party at the weekend and I was reminded how fast Parisiens speak to each other. Felt like watching a fast mens' singles tennis final, with my head going one way then the other, trying to follow the conversation. Managed to drop myself in it by saying we lived in the apartment with our friends, rather than the same apartment building. There are so many conversational pitfalls in translation. Happy to provide laughs. Isn't that what the English are good at?

No comments:

Post a Comment