Sunday 1 January 2012

Bonne Anée. This time two years ago...

It was this time a whole two years ago we arrived here in Paris. This year, I'm just back from New York. Still jet lagged. Honestly, need a holiday to recover but that's a story for another time. Dinner at the Waverly Inn felt like stepping slam into the Big Apple scene when the restaurant's owner, Graydon Carter (Vanity Fair's Editor),  moved tables for legendary film producer, Harvey Weinstein's party right across from us. Made friends with the fabulous sommelier there who was happy to talk US wine with me - my knowledge at present is primarily with French. Found out mid trip that a bikini designer had been drowned by her boyfriend in our luxurious bath in my cool hotel room, which, combined with time difference didn't help with my sleeping either. Anyway, back in the 7th arrondissement and I have a big Burgundy test looming for my wine diploma so since it's midnight, guess it's cram time. Bonne Année.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda... Happy New Year... I've mentioned you on my site, from when we knew each other at Cosgrove Hall...
    http://www.mancky.co.uk/?p=6705
    (i've got no exclamation mark on this keyboard)
    just thought you might be interested...
    ursula xx

    ReplyDelete